Monday, July 25, 2016

3. Photos


Previous - 2. Change


Ocean Ave, 2

After forty years in the City I still forget how foggy it is on the west side of town in the summer. Downtown it was sunny and a bit warm (for here.) In the Ingleside it was cold and the fog was at street level in places.  




Above and below are shots of the complex that has replaced the auto parts store. (That's an outbound K streetcar above.)






Above and below are shots of the building where the streetcar turnaround and parking lot were.





Above are the two building across the street from Whole Food. The one with scaffolding up is the older, already in need of maintenance. 






A too quick shot of Beep's Burgers -- a long time, local hangout that still exists under new management.

Here's the new bus terminus and turnaround.



Since I was there I decided I should grab my own shot of City College up on the hill, but the fog had other ideas,




It would be up behind the pole in the center of the shot if you could see it.




And here's a bonus, the recently closed, last gun store in San Francisco (in the Mission district and more or less on my way home if I take the bus so I can stop at my favorite taqueria,)

 

Postscript

You are supposed to be able to edit in Photobucket, and I can -- the edits just don't stick. If I can figure out what's going wrong I will crop most of these photos much tighter.



Update

A day later my edits are all there, but now we have the problem that what Photobucket saves is not what you see in the editor. I'm going to try to make these as presentable as possible but I'm also going to switch to Google Photo. I use so much Google software pretty soon I'm going to have to make Google the beneficiary of my estate.

EDIT: Now lets see what Google Photo can do. Here's that neighborhood building I mentioned that has a modern take on bay windows,



Now let's try some shots that have been edited:


Lesson above, don't save low-res if you're going to crop.


This is a closeup of the overhead wires in the photo above.


One of SF's old ballrooms.

So it works. I just need to keep an eye on the image quality.


Next - 4. tl: dr

No comments:

Post a Comment